WHY COMMUNITY GROUPS?
When God gave Jesus the mission of reaching the world with the good news of His love and grace, Jesus employed a radical strategy: he poured his life into a small group (his 12 disciples). Life-change happens best in biblical Community because it provides the place to:
• Experience transformation through GOSPEL-centered Bible study and discussion
• Share in life-giving RELATIONSHIPS with others
• Understand and engage in the greater MISSION of God
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY GROUP?
A Community Group is a group of 8-15 adults who usually meet weekly, either in a home or church facility, to pursue growing together in becoming whole-life follower of Christ. A typical group meeting includes Bible study, prayer, support and encouragement, and fellowship. Most groups are formed around similar life-stages. We recognize that every group has a natural life cycle. Depending on the life-stage of the group, the life cycle is typically between 18-36 months.
Interested in finding out more about leading a new Community Group? CLICK HERE
HOW DO I GET CONNECTED INTO A COMMUNITY GROUP?
Featured Groups are usually new or newly reforming groups that are actively seeking new group participants, making them the best place to start!
For more information on getting connected with any of these groups contact Ryan Long (firstname.lastname@example.org) Printed listings of Featured Groups and Open On-Campus groups are available at the Next Steps Center in the Commons after any of the weekend services.
- Married 20-30s, young families. Led by Neil & Jodi Young Thursdays, 6:30p, Gladstone area. Begins Feb. 6 email@example.com (816) 912-9197
- Married 20-30s, young families. Led by Brett & Tessa Rinker Sundays, 9:15a, PV West Wing – B Begins. Feb. 2 firstname.lastname@example.org (913) 485-4701
- Married 20-40s, with kids. Led by Ken & Lisa Beal. Saturdays, 7:20p, PV West Wing – B. email@example.com (816) 792-1098
- Married 50+. Led by Don & Judy Williams Day TBD, Smithville area. firstname.lastname@example.org (970) 663-7325
- Women 30+. Led by Stana Martin Sundays, 6:30p, Liberty area (mtg in PV Rm 309 to start) Begins Feb. 9. email@example.com (660) 909-1003
Interested in finding out more about leading a new Community Group?CLICK HERE